The TotePool is now run by Betfred, and it’s a completely different way of betting on horse racing. Think of it as more like an office sweepstake, where the prize pool consists of everybody else’s stake. The only difference is that unlike a sweepstake, your ticket isn’t being picked at random – you choose which horse you want to back.
How Does The TotePool Work?
- Choose your horse and your stake
- Your stake goes into the prize pool, along with the stake of everyone else who decides to bet on the race
- Your horse wins
- You share the total prize pool with anybody else who has picked the same horse as you
The following diagram shows how the whole process works.
What Are The Advantages Of The TotePool?
There are many reasons why people choose to bet on the TotePool instead of traditional fixed odds betting. These include the following:
- You get better returns – typically TotePool winners get 9% better profits than fixed odds.
- Bet against other people – with TotePool you are betting against other people, not against the bookie. That means there are no restrictions and no problems if you keep on winning.
- Supporting UK horse racing – TotePool are the biggest contributor to UK racing, so your money is working to support the sport.
To try the TotePool for yourself, join Betfred today and claim the free bet using the button below. You can then look forward to bigger wins and no restrictions on your horse racing bets!
|Betfred are no longer recommended due to poor user experience, dishonest behaviour by their affiliates, and low rating on review sites such as Trust Pilot. A much better alternative is Sky Bet, and we would strongly recommend you join them instead.
How to claim your bonus at Sky Bet
Just open an account using the button below, and when you place your first bet, Sky Bet will match it with £20 in free bets when you deposit and bet £5!